Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Dancer, used your recipe to make a favorite, Apricot Jam. WOW! That's good stuff. The addition of the lemon zest gives it a wonderful freshness. Thanks for posting the recipe; am making pear jam with it next week. YUM. Caroline
- 3 cups apricots, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 bottle liquid Certo
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix apricots, lemon juice and rind.
- Add sugar, stir 5 minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Stir in pectin.
- Ladle into cartons or jars, filling to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Cover with cloth and let stand until set, 24 hours or overnight. Cover and freeze. To serve, thaw and store in refrigerator.
- (Freeze for 1 month before thawing to use).