Recipe by Tish
This freezer to oven dessert is great for the time when you want a dessert but don't want to take the time to put it together then. Of course you can eat it right away instead of storing it in the freezer! Times for prep include the cool down out of the oven.
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
Perfect! I made this pie about a month and a half ago when I got a whole bag of fresh peaches and used a refrigerated pie crust to make it easier. Froze it in a pie tin, then baked it according to directions last night. We all enjoyed this served warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream- yum! So good! Thanks Tish!
- 1 quart peach, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Using favorite double pie crust for 9-inch pan, mix together all ingredients except butter.
- Fill bottom crust.
- Dot peach mixture with the butter.
- Top with remaining crust.
- Crimp edges, but do not cut vents.
- TO FREEZE: cover with plastic rap, then foil.
- This can be frozen for up to 12 months.
- TO BAKE; cut vents in top of frozen pie and bake frozen at 425 degrees for 45 minutes, then 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until filling bubbles and crust is brown.
- Cool one hour, then serve.