Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is an organized way to get a wonderfully easy dinner together in record time.
Make and share this Freeze Ahead Steak Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- Place steak in quart-sized freezer bag; combine lime juice, white wine vinegar, salad oil, oregano, and crushed garlic cloves; add to meat.
- To bundle: Steak/marinade mixture; flour tortillas; frozen vegetables.
- To prepare: Thaw steak in marinade.
- Remove steak and pan-sear in hot pan.
- Cook until medium rare; remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add frozen vegetables and marinade; cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, slice meat into thin slices against the grain.
- Add to cooked vegetables.
- Add salsa to meat and vegetables; heat through.
- To serve, spoon into warmed flour tortilla; garnish with avocado cubes, chopped tomato or fresh cilantro.
YUM! I made this tonight - although I pre-sliced the meat and didn't marinate it (didn't read all of the instructions - oops!), I used the rest of the ingredients. I DID substitute pita bread for the fajitas, and everything was just delicioso!
Awesome! I made these while camping. After the steak thawed slightly, I sliced it and threw it in a ziplock to marinate an hour more in the cooler. I used a mixture of red onion, red, green and orange peppers that I previously sliced. This meal came together in about 20 minutes on the camp stove! This will be in regular rotation on our camping trips. Thanks Tish!-
As my husband said, this is a keeper. Easy to prep ahead with the "bonus packs" of meat from the grocery for 2-3 meals. I used cumin instead of oregano. We don't care for pepper/frozen veggies and substituted 2 onions. I would recommend trimming any fat from the steak before you freeze it, but put a little in the ziplock in case you want to use it for "flavor" when pan searing. Excellent and easy recipe. Thanks!