Recipe by Tish
Here is an organized way to get a wonderfully easy dinner together in record time.
Top Review by hamlette
YUM! I made this tonight - although I pre-sliced the meat and didn't marinate it (didn't read all of the instructions - oops!), I used the rest of the ingredients. I DID substitute pita bread for the fajitas, and everything was just delicioso!
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 package mixed vegetables, frozen (fajita blend)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steak in quart-sized freezer bag; combine lime juice, white wine vinegar, salad oil, oregano, and crushed garlic cloves; add to meat.
- To bundle: Steak/marinade mixture; flour tortillas; frozen vegetables.
- To prepare: Thaw steak in marinade.
- Remove steak and pan-sear in hot pan.
- Cook until medium rare; remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add frozen vegetables and marinade; cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, slice meat into thin slices against the grain.
- Add to cooked vegetables.
- Add salsa to meat and vegetables; heat through.
- To serve, spoon into warmed flour tortilla; garnish with avocado cubes, chopped tomato or fresh cilantro.