This recipe is adapted from Sue Gregg's cookbook. This recipe goes together fast. Add fresh vegetables on serving day, based on what you have on hand... tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc. if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rainbow rotini pasta
- 2 cups broccoli, fresh individually frozen
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 2 ounces black olives, sliced
- 7 ounces artichoke hearts
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup newman own salad dressing
to add on serving day
- 1Cook rotini per package directions.
- 2If using fresh broccoli, add it to the cooking pasta for the last two minutes.
- 3Rinse pasta (and broccoli) in cold water.
- 4Open cans of beans, olives, artichoke hearts and mushrooms and drain them.
- 5Cut artichoke hearts into sixths, or smaller if you prefer.
- 6Mix pasta, broccoli, beans, olives, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and green onions in a large bowl.
- 7Add salad dressing and stir to mix.
- 8To Freeze: Divide into freezer bags, based on the size of your family, and if youll serve this as a side dish or a main dish.
- 9Seal, label and freeze.
- 10To Serve: Thaw bag in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 11Shake the bag a few times before serving.
- 12Add any of the optional ingredients, stir and serve.
- 13Since this dish is served cold, and the pasta isnt re-heated, dont under-cook it.
- 14Cook it al dente per package directions.
- 15Some of the salad dressing will be absorbed by the salad while its frozen.
- 16You may need to add a fresh shake or two of dressing before serving, especially if you add any extra ingredients.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freeze Ahead Italian Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g