Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This stuff is great; you mix up a giant batch, freeze it on cookie sheets, throw into ziploc bags and whenever you want a couple (or 5) slices of cheese bread, you just throw'er in the oven! Freeze before baking and you can put them in the oven right out of the freezer!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf French bread
- Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Beat in the cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and Swiss cheese.
- Fold in stiff egg whites.
- Spread mixture on bread slices.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
The cheese topping on this bread is so light and fluffy because of the egg whites! I've never done that before, and its a great trick! The only thing I'd change is to increase the garlic, but I am a garlic lover! Thanks for a great recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2013.