1/7 Photos of Freezable Twice Baked Potatoes -- OAMC
Economical and worthy of the time and effort to have on hand. A thinner-skinned potato seems to be more kid friendly. These can be scaled down effectively. There are about 10 - 12 potatoes per 5 pound bag resulting in 20 - 24 potato halves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs thin-skinned potatoes (one five pound bag)
- 1/4 lb butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1Wash and dry potatoes. Cook on high power in microwave in batches of 5 or 6 repeating until all potatoes are cooked. Check for doneness by gently squeezing with a clean dishtowel and removing potatoes as they become soft. Each batch will take anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes; cool to touch.
- 2Cut potato in half and carefully scoop pulp to within 1/4 inch of the skin, placing pulp in a large bowl; set aside shell portion.
- 3To potato pulp, add melted butter and next 8 ingredients; stirring to combine well. Fill each potato shell, patting filling into place. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze. Place individual frozen potatoes in plastic freezer bag, squeezing out air or place in a resealable freezer container. Return to freezer.
- 5To bake: Place frozen potatoes on a greased and foil-lined baking sheet. Bake frozen potatoes approximately 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through.
- 6For defrosted potatoes, bake approximately 25 minutes.
- 7To microwave: Place desired amount of frozen potatoes on a microwavable-safe dish and cook on high power for approximately 3 minutes per potato. Take size into consideration.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezable Twice Baked Potatoes -- OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 274.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g