Recipe by Melanie B.
I love to make freezer meals periodically so I always have something good around when I just don't feel like cooking. Here is one of my many recipes to come that is simple and works well.
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced and fire roasted
- 8 sprigs thyme, fresh from garden
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, sliced
- 12 chicken tenderloins, boneless & skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- This meal is meant to be made ahead for the freezer or cooked immediately.
- If freezing in individual servings, place 3 chicken tenderloins, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon flour, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, and a pinch of the minced garlic in four quart sized freezer bags. Seal and shake the ingredients until well seasoned and coated.
- Add 1/4 the lemon, tomatoes, onion slices, and 2 sprigs of thyme to each bag. Press out the air and seal tightly. Label with date and cooking instructions.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
- Cooking instructions:
- Thaw and remove all ingredients from the bag.
- Place in a casserole dish and drizzle with a teaspoon of additional oil.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden and cooked through. Serve with your favorite side dish.