Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe originally from an Eagle Brand Dessert Cookbook that was published many years ago. This can be chilled or frozen. If you like lemon, you should give this a try.
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed graham crackers (can use pre-made crumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted (I prefer butter)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup ReaLemon juice, from concentrate
- whipped topping or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine; press firmly on bottom of 8 inch square pan.
- I use the aluminum foil pans to freeze inches In small bowl combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice and beat well.
- Pour over crumbs into pan and bake 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Top with whipped topping and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with lemon score.
- Keep leftovers in freezer.
- **can be chilled instead of frozen if planning to eat soon.
I thought it was very good. It all got gobbled up quickly. Guest helped themselves to seconds. I thought it was just a bit on the ordinary side.