Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids love these for a quick breakfast..my daughter thinks I should sell them! They're easy to make, and would be simple to modify to your taste.
- Split English muffins, place on baking sheet.
- Cook and drain hamburg, then let cool.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix cheese whiz and margarine, then add to hamburg.
- Spread evenly on English muffin halves.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- Can be served immediately, or frozen.
- To freeze, wrap individually in saran wrap, then combine in zip-type bag.
- To reheat from frozen, remove saran wrap, wrap loosely in paper towel and zap in microwave on high about 2 minutes.
- Note -- instead of the cheese whiz and margarine, sometimes I use a 30g envelope of cheese sauce mix, prepared as directed. Nacho cheese sauce mix is particularly good !
These were super easy and very tasty. I was looking in my fridge for items that I could use to make breakfast for my grandkids, I didn't want to use eggs, and had bratwurst, english muffins, and leftover cheddar cheese spread (from a can). I decased the sausage and fried it, and followed the rest of your recipe, these are delicious!