Recipe by traveler
This is a great recipe for those (like me) who don't like the sticky sweet marshmallow recipes. I wrote it down in stop and go freeway traffic from a Narsi David radio cooking show, hence the name. It goes well with fowl, because of the cranberries. If it is the only starch side dish, it will serve 4-6, but if it is Thanksgiving (with other side dishes) it will go for 10. Prep time includes cooking the potatoes, and preparing the apples. Assembly takes very little time once this is completed.
- 2 -3 sweet potatoes
- 2 -3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into half rings
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (OR 3/4 c brown sugar in 1/3 c water)
- 1 cup cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sweet potatoes (either microwave or boil), until they are cooked but not mushy.
- Remove the skins and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a 9 x 13 in baking pan, layer sweet potato slices then top with apple slices Dot with the butter.
- Pour either the maple syrup or the brown sugar water mixture over the slices.
- Scatter the cranberries over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.