Recipe by Ed&Theresa
Quick and easy way to have chicken and rice (kicked up).Healthy. Edited 3/28 to adjust rice cooktime.
Top Review by Pesto lover
I used pineapple rum, increased cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, thyme by 1/8 tsp each and added 8 pitted prunes, chopped and 2 tsp tomato paste. I didn't add the rice, but simmered it until the broth thickened and served it over white rice. Great flavor. DH LOVED it!Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup white rum
- 1 fresh red pepper (diced)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion (diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube Chicken Breast into bite size pieces.
- In a dutch oven, add olive oil and diced onions, cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Add diced Red Pepper and Garlic.
- Add diced Chicken and cook until brown.
- Remove pan from heat, add Rum, return pan to heat.
- Add Ginger,Thyme,Cinnamon,Nutmeg,Brown Sugar,Salt,Pepper,Red Pepper Flakes,diced Tomatoes and Chicken Broth.
- Bring to boil, add Rice.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes. 20 minutes for white rice.