Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The cake recipe comes from "Bakery Lane Soup Bowl" cookbook, but the Frosting recipe is my own. This is the best darn Carrot Cake recipe I have ever come across and I have made many! It's an easy and almost fool-proof cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 box confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat all frosting ingredients together with electric mixer on medium or high speed.
- Combine flour sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl of mixer.
- Mix until well blended, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add oil to flour mixture while mixing.
- Then add the carrots and the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch pan (***See Note).
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- ***Note:I prefer to pour mixture into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cake layer pans and bake for 30 minutes to create a frosted 3 layer cake which makes a beautiful presentation!
- Just before bringing to the table to cut, I sprinkle the top with freshly shredded carrots.
- Looks beautiful, you can only do it at the last minute, because they will turn brown if done to far ahead.
I have the "Bakery Lane" cookbook and this is one of my favorite recipes from that book. I'm a carrot cake maniac, and this rates as one of the best I've ever eaten. And I agree with Tweeky, it is very easy to make.
I've made this recipe several times and passed it on to many friends. It is hands down the best, easiest carrot cake recipe I've ever made. I top the cake off with toasted chopped pecans and have even made cupcakes with cream cheese frosting rolled in coconut! FABULOUS
Light , moist and tasty. Added butterscotch morsels and skipped the frosting. YUM !!