Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is adapted from one I saw on America's Test Kitchen. It's very simple, quick and delicious!
- 1 pie crust (either store bought or your own recipe)
- 3 -4 cups plums, quartered and pitted
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen are fine just defrost them)
- 3 -5 tablespoons sugar or 3 -5 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine plums, raspberries, and splenda and toss gently to combine.
- Roll out pie crust to 12 inches (store bought crusts are usually 9 inches so a little rolling is required).
- Place pie crust on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Mound fruit in center of dough, leaving 2-3 inch border around edge.
- Fold dough up over fruit, continue around tart overlapping dough every 2 to 3 inches; gently pinch pleated dough to secure.
- Working quickly, brush dough with water and sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool tart about 20 minutes.
- Other delicious combinations: peaches and blueberries or apricots and blackberries.
This was superb! I made the crust the crust ATK included in the recipe. I used 3 cups fresh apricots, 1 cup blueberries, and 1/3 cup raspberries. The flavor of the apricots was so tangy and fresh tasting! We couldn't resist adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Thanks for posting, Riario- Roxygirl