Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy to make meal that will satisfy both family and friends. The delicious sauce enhances all the lovely ingredients in this tasty dish. It will leave you wanting more.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut 1 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup canned mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, coarse
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄8 cup pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar, white
- 1⁄8 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄3 cup fresh asparagus, 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (I use Jasmine rice)
- Heat the olive oil and butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic, shallot, sweet onion and mushrooms and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Now add the chicken pieces, cook for 5 - 7 minutes, stirring until chicken is no longer pink. Remove mixture and set aside until needed.
- Pour the wine into the same skillet and allowing it to simmer for 2 minutes then add the mustard, both cheeses and the whipping cream and stir until the cheese melts, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture, tomatoes, sugar, black olives, salt, pepper and thyme into the cream mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes, drain and add the asparagus to the creamed chicken mixture, mixing well.
- Serve on top of hot steamed rice.
Very tasty indeed, and no one complained at dinner. I did feel that the black olives felt out of place with the cream - or maybe that's just a combination my family and I don't care for, but we did end up picking them all out. Good luck, chef.
This turned out to be a delicious and forgiving recipe. I'm ashamed to admit this but it's true, I got out all of the ingredients and had them waiting on the counter. All went well and smoothly, the dish came together looking very tempting and sumptuous over the rice when plated. It was yummy and I made a mental to say a special thank you to it's creator. When taking the empty dishes to the sink I then saw an open can of tomatoes and some olives sitting there waiting for me. Oh the embarrassment, lol, I can only say that it was delicious even with two missing ingredients. As I said, a marvelous and forgiving recipe that I highly recommend.
We really enjoyed this, remarkable melange of flavour and really delicious! I did miss out the asparagus because I'm not that fond of it, but stayed true to recipe otherwise. Great dinner and definitely that bit different!! Thanks BK, made and enjoyed for Consideration Tag Game