Baby Kato's Note:
A quick and easy to make meal that will satisfy both family and friends. The delicious sauce enhances all the lovely ingredients in this tasty dish. It will leave you wanting more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut 1 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup canned mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, coarse
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/8 cup pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar, white
- 1/8 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup fresh asparagus, 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (I use Jasmine rice)
- 1Heat the olive oil and butter in pan over medium heat, add the garlic, shallot, sweet onion and mushrooms and stir for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 2Now add the chicken pieces, cook for 5 - 7 minutes, stirring until chicken is no longer pink. Remove mixture and set aside until needed.
- 3Pour the wine into the same skillet and allowing it to simmer for 2 minutes then add the mustard, both cheeses and the whipping cream and stir until the cheese melts, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3 - 5 minutes.
- 4Add the chicken mixture, tomatoes, sugar, black olives, salt, pepper and thyme into the cream mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Put the asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes, drain and add the asparagus to the creamed chicken mixture, mixing well.
- 6Serve on top of hot steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freebooter's Chicken & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (731 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1297.7
- Calories from Fat 751
- Total Fat 83.5 g
- Saturated Fat 43.4 g
- Cholesterol 295.3 mg
- Sodium 1020.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: