Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is simple and tasty. Top this corn chip and chili casserole with sour cream and salsa, you are in heaven!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag corn chips (regular or "scoops")
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans (turkey chili is very tasty too!) or 2 (15 ounce) cans chili without beans (turkey chili is very tasty too!)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups mixed cheddar cheese or 3 cups colby cheese or 3 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- sour cream
- Start with loaf or casserole dish (I prefer the loaf pan because it doesn't dry out the ingredients).
- Layer the ingredients as listed. Build 3 or 4 layers, depending upon the pan size.
- Finish with even more cheese on top.
- You can add hot sauce or other spices between the layers but DO NOT add salt, as the corn chips have plenty!
- Cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes more to brown cheese on top.
- Serve promptly with sour cream and salsa on top.
- Can be made up to 24 hours ahead and stored the the fridge.
If eating this is suicide as an previous reveiwer state (she has obviously not tried this) this is the way I want to go! This was delicious. Truly comfort food. Take a walk on the edge and try this!
With over 2000 mg of sodium a person eating this is practically committing suicide! NO THANKS!
I made this for the kids and it turned out great!! they loved it