Recipe by drbellflower
This is simple and tasty. Top this corn chip and chili casserole with sour cream and salsa, you are in heaven!
Top Review by Cooking Mom of 7
If eating this is suicide as an previous reveiwer state (she has obviously not tried this) this is the way I want to go! This was delicious. Truly comfort food. Take a walk on the edge and try this!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag corn chips (regular or "scoops")
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans (turkey chili is very tasty too!) or 2 (15 ounce) cans chili without beans (turkey chili is very tasty too!)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups mixed cheddar cheese or 3 cups colby cheese or 3 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with loaf or casserole dish (I prefer the loaf pan because it doesn't dry out the ingredients).
- Layer the ingredients as listed. Build 3 or 4 layers, depending upon the pan size.
- Finish with even more cheese on top.
- You can add hot sauce or other spices between the layers but DO NOT add salt, as the corn chips have plenty!
- Cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes more to brown cheese on top.
- Serve promptly with sour cream and salsa on top.
- Can be made up to 24 hours ahead and stored the the fridge.