Recipe by Eismeer
Quick and easy. An explosion of flavour. I used what I had at hand, and even though it might not be the traditional way to prepare Baba Ganoush, it turned out to be very delicious. I did not want to use such a lot of olive oil, so I added low fat cream cheese for a creamy texture instead. Serve with flat bread. Leave out cream cheese to go vegan :).
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 -50 g walnuts
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g cream cheese (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplant, sprinkle with salt, brush with olive oil and let broil in oven at maximum heat (225-250°C) until golden brown (about 15 minutes).
- Chop eggplant slices and transfer to bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and purée/mash until the consistency you like is reached.