1 hr 10 mins
This is Spike Mendelsohns's recipe who owns Chicago's Good Stuff Eatery. He is a Top Chef alumnus, Here he offers a new twist on a traditional turkey burger & this is lunch for four for under $10.00.It is very good and we enjoyed it thoroughly! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 granny smith apples, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 cup store-bought mango chutney
- 1/4 cup grated lemon zest
- 2 lbs ground turkey (don't buy the pre-packaged kind, ask for 2 lbs of turkey & then have it ground)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 multigrain potato buns, cut in half
- canola oil
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese or 4 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
ORANGE-GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE
- 2To make the turkey mixture, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add celery, scallions and apples and cook stirring for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Put the chipotle chiles and chutney in a blendetr; puree until smooth.
- 6Transfer to a bowl with the celery mixture, lemon zest and ground turkey; combine well.
- 7To make the patties, roll four 5-ounce turkey balls and form each ball into a patty.
- 8Arrange on a tray, cover and refrigerate while you do the rest of your preparations & cooking.
- 9Spread butter on both sides of buns; toast on skillet over medium heat till brown, 1 minute each side & set aside.
- 10Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add just enough oil to cover the bottom.
- 11After 2 minutes, reduce the heat to medium and place patties in skillet.
- 12Season patties with salt & pepper and cook for 3 minutes; flip and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- 13Place a side of cheese on each patty and continue to cook 2 minutes more.
- 14Cover with lid for the last 30 seconds, to melt the cheese.
- 15TO ASSEMBLE:.
- 16Place a patty on bun bpttpm.
- 17Top with lettuce leaf, tomato,slice, onion slice and a spoonful of Orange-Ginger Cranberry Sauce. ;(.
- 18ORANGE-GINGER CRANBERRY SAUCE:.
- 19Put the ginger on a flat surface and pound it with the broadside of a cleaver or large knife.
- 20Place ginger and the rest of the ingredients into a large saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolves and the liquid begins to boil.
- 21Reduce heat to low and continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
- 22Once it reaches the desired thickness, remove from heat.
- 23Discard ginger and cool the sauce.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Free-Range Burger With Orange-Ginger Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.8
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 1032.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 65.1 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
oranges, zest of