Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This is delicious and worth the effort. I haven't tried to use store bought pastry - but this is more a bread dough.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 red capsicums, diced (bell pepper)
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 850 g canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 7 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten with a little water
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make Filling :.
- heat oil in frying pan. Add all ingredients except tuna and capers. Stir frequently until softened.
- Allow mixture to cool then add tuna and capers.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- To make dough:.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in a little warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour into bowl, add yeast mixture, egg, olive oil and mix adding more water to form a soft dough.
- Turn mixture onto lightly flour board and knead until smooth.
- Put dough into oiled bowl and cover with wet tea towel and leave for 1 hour.
- To Cook :.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees ceclius.
- Knock down dough and divide into 5 balls.
- Roll each out into 25cm round. Place onto large baking tray (you may need two).
- Spread one-fiftm of filling onto each round leaving a 5cm border.
- Fold dough edges over the tuna overlapping the folds and leaving the centre uncovered.
- Brush dough with egg wash and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.