Recipe by Nana Lee
Dough must chill for an hour before rolling out. This is like a large Danish, great with a hot cup of cocoa.
Top Review by mich26
We also got this recipe from Kraft Foods. We love it! I always use sugar-free lemon jello, and it makes a great sugar-free dessert. I have some pears I'm going to try it with today.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon gelatin, divided
- 2 medium golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 1 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE flour, butter and half of the cream cheese in food processor; cover.
- Process, using pulsing action, until mixture is well blended and almost forms a ball.
- Shape dough into ball; wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Place pastry on lightly floured surface; roll out to 14x8-inch rectangle.
- Place on parchment paper-covered baking sheet; set aside.
- Mix remaining cream cheese and half of the dry gelatin mix until well blended.
- Spread onto pastry to within 2 inches of edge.
- TOSS apples with the remaining dry gelatin mix, the cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese filling.
- Fold edge of pastry over apples toward center of tart. (Apples in center of tart will remain exposed.)
- Sprinkle top with almonds.
- Bake, in lower third of oven, 35 minute or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Store leftover tart in refrigerator.
- JAZZ IT UP:.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks tied with orange peel just before serving.