1 hr 20 mins
I found it hard to find recipes for fresh prunes (I have a tree) so I adapted a recipe and came up with this. (Australian measurements used.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius. Line a pizza tray (or flat tray) with baking paper.
- 2On a floured surface place the pastry sheets on top of each other, then roll to a 36cm circle. Trim edges if needed. Lay over pizza tray - there should be a 6cm overhang.
- 3Sprinkle pastry with the ground almonds.
- 4Wash prunes then de-seed and slice thickly. Add flour and cinnamon to sliced prunes and combine.
- 5Pile the prune mix onto the pastry, leaving the overhang free. Fold the 6cm edge over the fruit, pleating where needed. This will only partially cover the prunes.
- 6Brush the pastry with the milk then sprinkle with the sugar.
- 7Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until prunes have softened and pastry is golden and crisp.
- 8Serve warm, or cold, with rich cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Free-Form Fresh Prune Pie
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.9
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 239.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 170.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.8 g
- Sugars 89.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g