Recipe by I am the Walrus!!!
Wow is all I can say! My wife hates to cook, I love to cook. This soup is a winner and a great comfort food in the fall/winter months.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups celery, sliced and chopped
- 2 cups leeks, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups boiled potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot add extra virgin olive oil leeks, onion, celery and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Add 4 cups of potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add water and bring to a simmer. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Puree mixture with hand mixer, and then bring to simmer.
- Add 2 cups boiled potatoes, mustard and cheese. Mix well.
- Add cream and bring to simmer.
- Pour into bowl and serve.