Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
BEST Hummus ever. Comes from a card tucked inside a new blender my buddy bought. These things show up in the darndest places...
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (more or less)
- 1 medium onion
- 4 -6 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 green pepper (optional)
- 1 -2 dried hot pepper, of choice
- kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a fry pan.
- Ruff chop the onions and garlic and add to the oil.
- If using the green pepper, dice it and add it too.
- Add the hot pepper and give everything a good toss.
- Keep the heat low and cook it all slow.
- Stir occasionally and press down on the pepper into the oil but do not break it up.
- Continue to cook until golden (ok, caramelized).
- Remove from heat.
- Drain and rinse the Chick Peas.
- Dump them into a blender.
- Remove the hot pepper from the oil.
- Dump the rest into the blender.
- Add 6 or 7 cranks of black pepper.
- Slowly add water until you get a preferred consistency.
- Stop and taste, add salt carefully to taste.
- If it is not spicy enough, add back pieces of the hot pepper and blend some more.
Thanks Mike! I loved this. I think it had to be the yummy onions! Thanks for posting!