Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great Caesar recipe for those who would rather not deal with anchovies
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 egg, coddled
- 12 ounces caesar-flavor croutons
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Wash lettuce and tear into bite-size pieces.
- whisk together next 7 ingredients.
- Let dressing sit for at least 1 hour, not refrigerated.
- Toss lettuce with cheese and croutons.
- Toss well with dressing.