Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
As simple as the listed ingredients are, this dressing is divine! One of my (sadly, long-gone) best friend's recipes. He was renowned throughout his circle of friends and family for this recipe.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon English mustard powder
- cream, to thin to desired consistency (or milk)
- salt and black pepper
- Mash the egg yolks (discard the egg whites - retain for a salad e.g. potato salad).
- Mix egg yolk with sugar, mayo and mustard.
- (If egg yolk is sticky rather than powdery and mixture becomes lumpy when mashed, push mixture through a sieve).
- Mix with cream or milk to desired consistency and season with salt and pepper to taste.