Recipe by Ridgely
The marinade is what makes this recipe for these fajitas different than most. Slightly sweet with a subtle Asian flavor makes the meat very tasty. I got this recipe from when I worked for a local celebrity chef, The Gabby Gourmet.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1 lb boneless sirloin or 1 lb top round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 soft flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients to form a marinade.
- Prepare the beef as indicated then add to the marinade along with the onion and bell pepper.
- Cover and marinate 4-6 hours in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a large skillet or fry pan over a med-high heat.
- Drain marinade from beef mixture.
- Spoon the beef and vegetable mixture into the hot pan (do not add additional oil to the pan) and saute until the desired doneness.
- Serve immediately, wrapped in warm tortillas, adding the remaining ingredients as desired.