Recipe by Freda2 Brown
My own chili modified to suit us and saved on this site. :D
Top Review by PaulaG
Very nice basic recipe for chili. In place of the bouillon cubes and water, beef stock was used and ground turkey in lieu of ground beef. I didn't measure the spices more eyeballed them so a little less chili powder may have been used. This makes quite a bit and is great for a get-together of friends. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 7 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dry)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground meat in 1 Tbsp of the olive oil over medium to high heat. Drain.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the olive oil to the bottom of the crock pot set on high heat.
- Add chopped onions and minced garlic to oil in crockpot.
- Add browned, drained ground meat.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT beans.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours; then stir in chili beans.
- Cook for another hour on low.
- Serve w/corn chips, sour cream, chopped onion, shredded colby cheese, and sliced jalapenos if desired.
- Pass the Tabasco if some like it hotter.