Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My own chili modified to suit us and saved on this site. :D
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 7 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dry)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups v 8 vegetable juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- Brown ground meat in 1 Tbsp of the olive oil over medium to high heat. Drain.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the olive oil to the bottom of the crock pot set on high heat.
- Add chopped onions and minced garlic to oil in crockpot.
- Add browned, drained ground meat.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients, EXCEPT beans.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours; then stir in chili beans.
- Cook for another hour on low.
- Serve w/corn chips, sour cream, chopped onion, shredded colby cheese, and sliced jalapenos if desired.
- Pass the Tabasco if some like it hotter.
Very nice basic recipe for chili. In place of the bouillon cubes and water, beef stock was used and ground turkey in lieu of ground beef. I didn't measure the spices more eyeballed them so a little less chili powder may have been used. This makes quite a bit and is great for a get-together of friends. Made for PAC Spring 2012.