Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
An ever popular favorite at any family get together. Our family will go absolutely crazy if I do not bring this treat to a family event-Fred!
- 2 cups pretzels (Coarsely crushed)
- 3⁄4 cup of melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesof sliced frozen strawberries or 2 (10 ounce) packages red raspberries
- Mix together the first three ingredients and spread into a 9x13 inch dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and cool.
- Beat together cream cheese and one cup of sugar.
- Stir in cool whip and spread on cooled pretzel crust.
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water.
- Stir in strawberries and let set for ten minutes.
- Pour on top of cheese mixture and chill to the Jell-o is set (about four hours).
I got this recipe from my sweet MIL several years ago, and it is really good! It's almost a dessert, instead of a side dish! The pretzel crust is just crunchy enough, and has a nice nutty flavor. I recommend using butter, not margarine in the crust, though. I'm so glad you posted the recipe here!