A standard white sauce that is so very usefull
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-qt saucepan make a roux using the butter and flour and bring to a light brown color.
- 2Meanwhile in another pan combine the milk and stock and heat to just boiling.
- 3Pour the milk mixture slowly into the roux whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- 4Cook over low heat for 30 min.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fred Harvey Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.4
- Calories from Fat 537
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 36.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.2 mg
- Sodium 645.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 18.5 g