Recipe by Fred Garvin
This is a family favorite every time I make it, I know it will become a favorite of your family's as well! Enjoy!!
- 1 lb fresh fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the fettucine in a pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and saute until tender.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Return the pasta to the pot it was cooked in, set over medium-high heat along with the reserved cooking liquid.
- Add the butter-cream mixture and half of the Parmesan and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately.