1/1 Photo of Freaky Ladies' Fingers (Halloween)
1 hr 12 mins
These are great for halloween parties! We gave them out one year to neighbors and it was so much fun to see their reaction. If you want a twist, make a shorter version and call them Gobblins toes. Just make them shorter and use plain almonds for the toe nails. Sprinkle with dried rosemary "toe hair" and it's complete!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a small amount of food coloring in a bowl and with a new paint brush "paint" the almond halves on the rounded side. Set aside.
- 2In a Mixing bowl place water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for five minutes to let yeast work.
- 3Beat 1 c flour in till combined. Beat in salt and 3-1/2 c flour till combined. Beat till dough pulls away from the sides.
- 4Reduce speed and add 1/2c flour (if dough is still sticky add up to 1 c more flour).
- 5Knead till smooth.
- 6Coat a large bowl with cooking spray and put dough in covering with plastic wrap and put in a warm place to double in size (1 hour).
- 7Heat oven to 450.
- 8Heat 3 quarts water to boiling.
- 9Add baking soda.
- 10Lightly coat two baking sheets with pan spray.Divide dough into quarters.
- 11Work with one at a time keeping the rest covered.
- 12Divide each piece in 12 pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll pieces back and forth into a finger shape, ( 3-4 inches long) make sure to leave a lump for the knuckle.
- 13When all 12 pieces are formed transfer to boiling soda water.
- 14Poach for 1 minute, using a slotted spoon transfer to a baking sheet.
- 15Repeat till all 4 quarters are done.
- 16Beat egg with 1 T water and brush over pretzels.
- 17Using a sharp knife score each knuckle about 3 times. Sprinkle with salt ( and rosemary if using).
- 18Possition the almond nails into place and push down to secure.
- 19Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or till golden brown.
- 20Let cool on a wire rack.
- 21These are best if eaten the first day but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freaky Ladies' Fingers (Halloween)
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 304.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g