Recipe by Nolita_Food
I got this recipe from Odense website (they produce the almond and marzipan paste). It's super easy, it's very light, very almondy.
Top Review by Chef @Oz
An excellent light and flavoursome almond cake. I had some trouble grating the marzipan as it is quite soft. I considered cooling it but instead I threw it into the food processor with the sugar and that did a good job. I was surprised at the amount of flour but it was fine.
- 7 ounces almond paste (Odense)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grate the almond paste.
- Add butter and sugar, mix well.
- Add eggs gradually, stir with whisk until fully incorporated.
- Use a spatula to FOLD in the flour (don't whisk, the cake will turn out very tough).
- Pour cake batter into a 10-inch tart pan, bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar or top with fruits (optional).