Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Odense website (they produce the almond and marzipan paste). It's super easy, it's very light, very almondy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grate the almond paste.
- Add butter and sugar, mix well.
- Add eggs gradually, stir with whisk until fully incorporated.
- Use a spatula to FOLD in the flour (don't whisk, the cake will turn out very tough).
- Pour cake batter into a 10-inch tart pan, bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar or top with fruits (optional).
An excellent light and flavoursome almond cake. I had some trouble grating the marzipan as it is quite soft. I considered cooling it but instead I threw it into the food processor with the sugar and that did a good job. I was surprised at the amount of flour but it was fine.
I was searching for an easy quick Danish heritage recipe - this one fit the bill. It was easy to make after reading the reviews about using coarse grater for the Marzipan. Shared it with friends who thought it a wonderful cake. My family loved it. will make another!
Very easy to make. I had no trouble grating the marzipan - just used a very coarse grater. The almond taste is not too strong in this cake