Not terribly sweet but oh-so-comforting. The original recipe included directions for making your own curds. This recipe comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Rinse cottage cheese and drain very well.
- 3Mash cottage cheese into a mixing bowl.
- 4Add cream, sugar, yolks of eggs, salt and butter; mix very well and add nutmeg.
- 5Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- 6Fold into cottage cheese mixture.
- 7Line a pie plate or pudding dish with the piecrust.
- 8Pour in the cheese custard.
- 9Bake at 450F for ten minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- 10Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frau Moyer's Cheese Custard Pie
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.0
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 231.4 mg
- Sodium 609.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g