Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not terribly sweet but oh-so-comforting. The original recipe included directions for making your own curds. This recipe comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse cottage cheese and drain very well.
- Mash cottage cheese into a mixing bowl.
- Add cream, sugar, yolks of eggs, salt and butter; mix very well and add nutmeg.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold into cottage cheese mixture.
- Line a pie plate or pudding dish with the piecrust.
- Pour in the cheese custard.
- Bake at 450F for ten minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve at once.