Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Top Secret Recipes. Makes 2 "grande" drinks for a fraction of the cost of a coffee house. Prep time does not include time to prepare and chill coffee.
- 1 1⁄4 cups french roast extra strong coffee, chilled
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons splenda artificial sweetener
- 2 cups ice
- whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare double strength French roast coffee by brewing with twice the grounds required by your coffee maker.
- Chill the coffee (so as to not melt the ice).
- Combine all ingredients (except whipped cream) in a blender and blend on high speed until the ice is crushed and drink is smooth.
- Pour into 2 16-ounce glasses and add whipped cream on top.
- Serve with a straw.
I used 2 tablespoons homemade caramel sauce instead of the artificial sweetener. I also increased the coffee to 1 1/2 cups and the milk to 1 cup to make 2 venti frappuccinos. It was just like a caramel light frappuccino from Starbucks; sooo good!
i used regular brewed coffee and it still turned out good-just a much milder frap than the ones at starbucks. also i added a little unsweetened cocoa to make it a mocha.
Served it at a gathering yesterday evening, and I can't remember how many times I made a new batch. It went over extremely well, and most of the ladies at the meeting asked for the receipe. Excellent, and very easy to prepare.