Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like Frappe Cappuccino's, you'll love this!!!
Make and share this Frappe Cappuccino Copycat recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh espresso
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk (2%)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry pectin (this is a natural thickener found in the supermarket near the canning supplies, but can be excluded)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher or covered container.
- Stir or shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill and serve cold.
- To make the mocha variety, add a pinch of cocoa powder to the mixture before combining.
Like another poster's Milkshake recipe, I suppose you might substitute a Tablespoon of flavored instant pudding for the pectin. Keeps it nice and thick.
I made the mocha version of this. The first time I made it, I found it lacking in flavour so I adjusted the recipe to 1 cup of espresso to 2 cups milk and I omitted the pectin, as we don't have it here (and I'm not sure of its inclusion - is it a thickener?). For my personal preferences, and I do state that, I found that the a part very strong espresso to 2 parts milk provided a nice flavour in this refreshing iced coffee. Needed a bit more cocoa too.
I have tried many recipes for this drink and I believe this is the closest to the real thing. It is a little thinner but delicious and much cheaper!!! I added 3 T of caramel to the mixture and topped it with whipped cream and caramel and it was simply wonderful.