Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great crisp that is best served warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Mix with pasty cutter the cake mix and butter, until crumbly. Add chopped nuts. Save out 1/3 cup.
- Press the mix into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Pour the pie filling over this crust and then sprinkle the 1/3 cup of nuts over the top of the cherries.
- Bake at 350* for 25 min Serve warm with whip cream or ice cream.
My DH is a cherry freak. This was okay but nothing wowing. I used a butter recipe cake and a 21 oz can of cherry pie filling. I really think it needs more cherry filling or make it in a smaller pan. Also a teaspoon of almond extract would be great in it. I'm going to experiment with this again. Thanks for sharing. Made this for newest zaar tag