1/1 Photo of Fran's Easy Shortbread Bars
1 hr 20 mins
Diana #2's Note:
I received this recipe from a friend. It is by far, the tastiest and the easiest shortbread recipe. It also works very well in moulded shortbread pans. It's the only one I use. Freezes well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream icing sugar and butter until fluffy.
- 2Combine flours and add to the butter mixture, in small portions.
- 3Turn batter out into a sided 15 x 9 cookie pan or jelly roll pan. Press to the sides and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- 4Score into bars with a sharp knife and prick the surface with a fork. Sprinkle with the 2 tbsp of sugar.
- 5Bake 10 minutes at 350°, then lower the oven to 300°. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and immediately cut along the scored lines.
- 7Cool, then store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fran's Easy Shortbread Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Sodium 37.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g