Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe from a friend. It is by far, the tastiest and the easiest shortbread recipe. It also works very well in moulded shortbread pans. It's the only one I use. Freezes well too.
- Cream icing sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Combine flours and add to the butter mixture, in small portions.
- Turn batter out into a sided 15 x 9 cookie pan or jelly roll pan. Press to the sides and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Score into bars with a sharp knife and prick the surface with a fork. Sprinkle with the 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°, then lower the oven to 300°. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately cut along the scored lines.
- Cool, then store in an airtight container.
Good, solid basic recipe. Turns out just like on the picture.
Love, love these. The rice flour gives such a nice texture. Thanks for posting.
These were buttery rich delicious! I made these in a 13 x 9-inch pan and they baked out well, thank you for sharing Diana!...Kitten:)