Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
from a cookbook
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb potato, grated
- 4 lbs potatoes, cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 3 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans whole corn or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked and well drained
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine all ingredients except powdered milk and grated cheese in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add cheese and powdered milk to slow cooker and stir well to combine.