Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on southernfoodabout.com. There are similar recipes posted, but this is another variation. I thought tuna casserole was always made with pasta, and I found the recipe odd without it so I served it over a bed of rice and loved it. I made this with Sunkist barbecued tuna, and it added a nice flavor. I didn't have any potato chips but substituted bread crumbs. Next time I think I'll add some cheddar cheese. You could also add some broccoli or whatever your heart desires, but this was a nice quick easy lunch. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of celery. I didn't use the crockpot, and I baked it at 350 for 30 minutes instead.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed potato chips
- Grease slow cooker or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except 1/4 cup of the crushed potato chips and stir well.
- Pour into prepared slow cooker.
- Top with remaining potato chips and cover.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.