Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great family favorite.
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 lb butter, 1 stick
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 cups white rice
- Start rice accordingly to package directions.
- Get a medium sized frying pan.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add parsley and onions.
- Saute until onions are tender.
- Add lemon juice and garlic; stir.
- Continue to saute approximately another 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, salt and cayenne pepper, stir to mix well.
- Saute until shrimp are opaque and turn pinkish, about 5 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.