This is adapted from a recipe on Frank's RedHot website. These are spicy hot! I recommend Miss Patti's Blue Cheese Dip as a condiment!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce (or 3/4 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (if NOT using Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced in lengths as for dipping (optional)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, dip (optional)
- If Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce is not available, mix together the Frank's Red Hot Sauce with the butter.
- Bake wings in foil-lined pan at 500°F on lowest oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes until crispy, turning once. ALTERNATIVELY: Deep-fry at 375°F for 10 minutes; OR broil 6-inches from heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once; OR grill over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes turning often.
- Toss wings in Buffalo Wings Sauce to coat.
- Serve with blue cheese dip and/or cucumber slices and/or celery slices if desired.
Loved these wings!!! I am not a huge fan of buffalo wings, usually too spicy for me, but these were perfect heat level for me and DS's girlfriend!! Made these as written for our Super Bowl Appetizer lunch, but didn't use the optional veggies, as I made a mascarpone chive dip with veggies. This is a definite repeat for our house!!!
Yummy! I won't be buying buffalo chicken wings since now I can make them. That's so easy. Thanks mersaydees :) Made for Make my recipe tag game
My name is Noo...and I'm a wingoholic!!
These babies are seriously addictive and totally delicious....so much so, that even the non wing eating DH is par-taking and packing away huge amounts of them.
Thank goodness that Franks is available here ( David Jones Food Hall ) and I don't have to find ways of importing it myself!!