This is adapted from a recipe on Frank's RedHot website. These are spicy hot! I recommend Miss Patti's Blue Cheese Dip as a condiment!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce (or 3/4 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (if NOT using Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
- 3 celery ribs, sliced in lengths as for dipping (optional)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, dip (optional)
- If Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce is not available, mix together the Frank's Red Hot Sauce with the butter.
- Bake wings in foil-lined pan at 500°F on lowest oven rack for 20 to 25 minutes until crispy, turning once. ALTERNATIVELY: Deep-fry at 375°F for 10 minutes; OR broil 6-inches from heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once; OR grill over medium heat 20 to 25 minutes turning often.
- Toss wings in Buffalo Wings Sauce to coat.
- Serve with blue cheese dip and/or cucumber slices and/or celery slices if desired.