Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A close family friend who has now passed made this one year and it will always remind me of him. The recipe is very common but the first time I had it was when he made it. It's very rich but delicious. I only make this on special occasions like Thanksgiving. So yummy!
- 32 ounces hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 8 ingredients. Pour into 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Add corn flakes then drizzle melted butter over.
- Bake 45-60 minutes.