1 hr 10 mins
My Uncle Frank makes the best cream of crab soup! He luckily gave me the recipe... it's wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb crabmeat (picked over for shells)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1In soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add potatoes, old bay, and mustard.
- 4Decrease heat to low, cook, stirring often until potatoes are barely tender (30 minutes). Remove from heat.
- 5Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Return to medium heat and stir constantly about 2 minutes.
- 6Slowly pour in half and half and milk, stirring constantly.
- 7Cook over med-low heat, stirring often until thickened.
- 8Add the crabmeat, simmer about 15-20 minutes.
- 9When ready to serve, stir in sherry and parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frank's Cream of Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 1211.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning