Recipe by Ranikabani
These chicken wings are delicious. You can adjust the amount of 'zing' for the sauce by reducing or increasing the amount of hot sauce. If you don't like it hot, you can subtitute bbq sauce, a ketchup and soy sauce mixture, honey and garlic, or whatever you'd like!
Top Review by mummamills
I have just started a low carb diet, and I wanted something really tasty to take my mind off the bread and chips I cant have :) I found this and wasnt going to rate it, as I didnt totally follow the recipe, but it turned out so well I wanted to share!!! I only had 7 wings, but they were very big, so I deep fried them in batches and put them in a frypan on low heat while I made the rest of dinner. Then I poured over the sauce, but I only used about 2 tablespoons of the "hot" sauce. (We dont really have many "hot"sauces like that in Australia, so I used 1tble chili-garlic and one tble of imported hot garlic sauce) the sauce spluttered and stuck to the wings, and I served them with cauli and carrot for me, and the same for DH, but he got chips too!! I dotted the sour cream over the wings, and we both sucked the bones twice :) a real keeper for me, as I love the lemony taste. Thanks for posting, I might try the hot sauce recipe one day:)
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup frank's hot sauce (or you can make your own- see my hot sauce recipe!)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or 3 tablespoons onions or 3 tablespoons chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken wings at joints.
- Deep fry chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Immediately, coat chicken in the following ingredients which are combined in a bowl: hot sauce, lemon juice, and butter.
- In a serving dish, combine sour cream, dill, and parsley for dipping.
- Place wings on a platter with dipping sauce beside it.