Recipe by naipaula.kerr
A great compliment to any italian or cajun dinner.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Sooo goood! We were hoping that this would come close to our favorite steakhouse's cheesy garlic bread, back in Seattle. Bingo! DH gives it a 5/5 for Zaar & a 9/10 in comparison. Of course, I'll never be allowed to make garlic bread the old way again. Thanks for sharing, Chef!
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup dry parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onions, minced
- 16 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, paste
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine cheeder cheese, parmesan, parsley, green onion.
- Melt 1 stick butter in large frying pan.
- Make a paste with dry garlic powder & add to butter.
- Slice loaf of french bread into 4ths.
- Add 1/2 loaf to butter with cut side down.
- Let butter soak in and brush bottom of loaf with butter from pan.
- Repeat with other half loaf.
- Put bread on a baking sheet and spread with cheese mixture.
- Heat bread in oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Broil quickly for about 2 minutes to make crispier.
- Slice and serve.