Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dip is a little different from others I have seen on the 'Zaar, as it uses blue cheese instead of cheddar or Monterrey jack. I took this to a Study Group meeting, and was frankly surprised there was any left to bring home from all the raves and recipe requests I got. Great dip is you like a little kick! From a Frank's hot sauce ad. You can certainly use a different hot sauce if you want. :)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (buffalo chicken style hot sauce)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a pie pan with cooking spray (Pam).
- Mix everything together and place in prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Stir and serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks.
My family loves this recipe. I made it with shredded colby-jack cheese and ranch dressing a couple of times. The first time I made it I followed the recipe and we like it better with the ranch dressing and colby-jack cheeses.
I made this for Christmas dinner and everyone went crazy for it and wanted the recipe. I didn't really follow the measurements just kept mixing it until it has the right consistency and taste. I did top it with some cheddar cheese before baking it. This is definitely a new favorite.
This was good, but not I expected. Not hot enough for many!