Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from "Marla's Cheap and Easy Recipes" and I have made it so many times plus added ingredients that our family likes. You can add whatever your family likes and it will work well. Very simple and the kids love it.
- 1⁄4 lb grated American cheese (I use cheddar)
- 1 (7 ounce) canwhite chunk albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (tops only)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickles, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- onion powder
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 8 hot dog buns
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the buns.
- Fill the buns with the mixture and wrap each bun in foil.
- Bake in 375 oven for 20-25 minutes.
The kids really enjoyed these for lunch but I much preferred it as a cold filling on a toasted bun. Made for New Zaar Cookbooks.
What a great way to make tuna melts! Thank you so much for sharing. Easy to make with light Miracle whip. Left out green peppers for personal reasons (but they would have added a bit of color). Made for PAC Fall 2008